Pleasant Hill, Cairns Drive, Milngavie, Glasgow
Pleasant Hill occupies an ultra-private, elevated position with far reaching panoramic views towards hills and countryside beyond Milngavie, equidistant between Glasgow city centre and Loch Lomond. It is the beginning of the famous West Highland Way and there are several walking and cycling routes that start and finish there. Milngavie itself is not only a lovely, pedestrianised village but has previously been ranked as Scotland's most beautiful mainland town centre and one of Glasgow's most sought-after semi-urban/semi-rural areas. The town itself has a wide variety of shops, restaurants, deli's and bars along with essential businesses.
Within easy reach of Pleasant Hill guests can play golf at Dougalston, Milngavie, Clober, Hilton Park, Douglas Park all within 3 miles of the house. Nearby Mugdock Country Park and Milngavie Reservoir are also popular destinations with tourists and walkers. The reservoir comprises two separate reservoirs, Craigmaddie and Mugdock. It was opened by Queen Victoria in 1859 and is the main water supply for the city of Glasgow.
Glasgow itself offers an endless choice of things to see and do. The Burrell Collection in the south of the city has just reopened after a five year major refurbishment. It is home to over 9000 artefacts which span six thousand years and were collected by William Burrell over a 75 year period. Visit Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum which houses an iconic suspended WWII Spitfire, one of the world’s finest armour collections, vast amounts of natural history, and art works by the Old Masters and French Impressionists (including Vecellio, Rembrandt, Monet, Renoir and Van Gogh as well as Salvador Dalí).
- Sleeps 20
- Bedrooms 6 – configurations:
Bedroom 1 - 1 double bed, 2 single beds
Bedroom 2 - 1 bunk bed, 3 single beds
Bedroom 3 - 1 double bed, 1 toddler bed
Bedroom 4 - 1 double bed , 3 single beds
Bedroom 5 - 2 single beds
Bedroom 6 - 1 double sofabed, 3 single beds
- Additional double sofabed, foldings beds (with full-sized mattresses) and travel cots are available
- Bathrooms 3
- Double-oven electric range cooker
- Gas hobs
- Combination microwave
- Fridges and freezer
- Washing machine
- Home office/working from home area with Free high-speed internet access
- 60in internet-enabled smart TV
- Central heating
- Open fire
- Large enclosed garden
- Gas BBQ
- 14ft trampoline
- Treehouse for children
- Travel cots, high chairs, stair gates, games and toys
- Off street parking for 5 cars and ample on-street parking (all free)
- Portable wheelchair ramps and step-free access
- Caterers on request
- EV electric car charger
- Large spa hot tub for 7
- Short breaks
- Sorry no pets
- Glasgow airport 30 minutes
- Glasgow city centre 8 miles
- Milngavie railway station (3 minutes walk)
- West Highland Way
- Milngavie and Bearsden
- Restaurants & pubs within walking distance
- Supermarkets M&S, Tesco and Waitrose (400m - 1000m
- Golf courses – Douglaston (1 mile), Milngavie (1.2 mile), Douglas Park (1.5 mile), Hilton Park (2.5 mile)
- Walking including West Highland Way
- Forth-Clyde Canal with easy cycle tracks
- Mugdock Country Park and Glasgow's main reservoir walking distance
- Glengoyne Distillery
- Ruins of a Roman Bathhouse
- The Antonine Wall, dating from circa AD 142
- Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum – 7 miles
- Botanic Gardens
- Transport Museum
- The Burrell Collection – 10 miles
- Kings Theatre Glasgow – 7 miles
- Go Ape Aberfoyle – 20 miles
- Loch Ard forest walks and adventure water park at ForestHills
- Loch Katrine has bike hire and walking , and sailings on the 'Lady of the Lake'
- Conic Hill - an easy climb for fabulous views over Loch Lomond
- Loch Lomond water-based activities - paddle-boarding, kayaking, wakeboarding, water-skiing, speedboat tours, even pub crawls across the loch.
Holiday accommodation for 20:
Pleasant Hill, is a unique family-run place to hunker down and just enjoy being with friends and family with no need to leave unless you particularly want to.
Pleasant Hill’s large open plan with high vaulted cathedral ceilings provides ample space for entertainment. The exposed beams, Velux windows and large French windows make the room light and airy and it is the perfect place to gather large groups of family and friends. With lots of comfortable seating there is a 60in internet-enabled smart television along with a wide range of DVDs and a selection of board games. There is also a long dining table that will seat all 20 guests.
The kitchen area with its oak units is separated from the main room by an island/breakfast bar. There are plenty of appliances to help you prepare meals for everyone including a double oven range cooker, gas hobs, hot plates, a microwave, dishwasher and fridge/freezers. In the separate utility room there is a washing machine, airers, iron and ironing board.
The six bedrooms offer accommodation for up to 20 people sharing three bathrooms. Good quality beds and cotton bed and bath linen are included in the rental price.
The property has full central heating with radiators in all rooms, instant hot water, double glazing and a real log fire.
Large French windows open onto a large area of decking which in turn looks over an expansive private walled 1½ acre garden. There is a gas BBQ, lots of outdoor games, a treehouse and a 14ft trampoline.
Throughout the house there are portable wheelchair ramps and step free access making it suitable for all the family.
Milngavie benefits from easily accessible road links for the M8 (from Edinburgh), A9/M80 (from Stirling/Perth) or M74 (from the South and England). Just beyond the north-western edge of Greater Glasgow area, its main feeder routes are via the A879, A81, A82 or A739.
Pleasant Hill is situated close to Milngavie's railway station, village centre, Tesco and a distinctively visible red church spire. Head up Buchanan Street, taking the left fork by Cairns Church, and proceed towards the local primary school.
Alternatively, arrive by train - 3 minutes' walk from the station - or by plane (25 minutes' taxi from airport). NB. Edinburgh may be only 50 miles from Glasgow, but Glasgow's a million miles from Edinburgh!
Bed linen, towels, tea towels and bath mats are all provided.
Cost and availability:
This beautiful accommodation is available for short breaks, long weekends, weeks or longer.
Flexible changeover day.
Check in from 3pm and checkout 10am. These times are flexible by prior arrangement.
Short breaks available.
To book this self-catering property for a large group click the enquiry button below and see availability and rental rates
direct to the owner
Pleasant Hill, Cairns Drive, Milngavie, Glasgow G62 8AJ