Callander holiday homes and what to do in the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park
Picturesque Callander (with a population of 2500) is located on the eastern edge of the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park. Callander itself lies on the southern edge of the Scottish Highlands and the area is renowned for beautiful, unspoilt and spectacular scenery yet is within just over one hour of Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Self-catering cottages to rent near Callander in the Trossachs
Outdoor activities are particularly well catered for in the area with excellent opportunities for walking to suit all abilities, cycling and mountain biking, fishing, golf, sailing, water sports and bird watching. All these activities and many more are available within or very close to Callander. There are many ancient and historic sites to visit close by including Doune and Stirling Castle and Inchmaholm Priory. Edinburgh and Glasgow are readily accessible for day trips as are Glencoe, Loch Lomond, Oban and Perth.
Callander offers a wide range of shops and places to eat and drink suiting all tastes and budgets. There is information readily available at the Rob Roy and Trossachs Visitor Centre. You will be spoilt for choice with places to visit and things to do.
- The town of Callander
- Stirling - 16 miles
- Nearest airports - Edinburgh 45 miles, Glasgow 51 miles
- Nearest train station - Dunblane 12 miles
- Wide range of places to eat and drink within walking distance
- 18 hole golf course - 5 minute walk
- Walking - excellent choice suiting all levels and abilities accessible within a few minutes
- Fishing - game and coarse fishing locally available on River Teith and surrounding Lochs
- Mountain biking / cycling - several off road cycle trails within less than 0.5 miles
- Swimming Pool / Leisure Centre in Callander 1 mile
- Sailing / Watersports nearby
- Callander Jazz Festival
- Easy day trips possible to Stirling, Glasgow and Edinburgh
- Many historical sites including Doune Castle, Stirling Castle and Inchmaholm Priory
- Holiday cottages
- Weekly lets
- Loch Lomond National Park
- Wide selection of restaurants and pubs
- Golf courses
- Siling, fishing, water sports
- Shops, tea rooms,
How to get to Callander
Callander can be accessed from all the major road routes. Once in Callander, proceed to the east (Stirling) end of Callander Main Street.
Check for last minute discounts at attractive self-catering cottages in Callander
Callander, FK17 Scotland, UK