Recommended holiday accommodation in Perthshire
Auchterarder, Near Gleneagles
Luxury small cottages for couples and large holiday houses for the large parties.
The setting is idyllic, surrounded by beautiful gardens and woodland,a golf course and up into the Ochil Hills. Dunning is situated minutes from the A9 (Scotland's main artery road) so immediately accessible for Edinburgh, Glasgow, the Highlands and the East Neuk of Fife. Both properties are designed to help you unwind, relax and enjoy every moment. It's the perfect place to spend a romantic weekend, a short break or ideally take a longer time to fully explore the surrounding areas and beyond.
The conservation and historical village of Dunning is in the centre of rural Perthshire. It is home to the 13th century St Serf's Church, with the rare and very impressive 8th century Dupplin Cross and some ancient woodland which was once the site of a 1st century roman camp. Just outside the village is Maggie Wall's monument, the site of the last witch ever burnt in Scotland in 1657. Within the village The Kirkstyle Inn provides delicious bar meals and evening meals in their dining room and while The Dunning Hotel does the same, it also has live music during the summer months. There is also a small grocers and a post office in the village and within a few miles is the world renowned Gleneagles Hotel.
Perthshire is a fantastic county to explore, there is everything from wildlife to adventure. There is fishing, stalking, shooting, water sports, cycling, walking, munros to climb, golf to play, distilleries to visit, castles to explore and much, much more.
- Auchterarder: 6 miles, Perth: 10 miles,
Stirling: 30 miles
- Airports - Edinburgh 1 hour (50 miles),
Glasgow 1 hour (50 miles)
- Stations: Gleneagles 10 mins, Perth 10 mins,
Dunblane 20 mins
- Many varied restaurants, cafes, pubs nearby
- Local grocer and post office
- Golf in dunning andother courses nearby
- Walks, beautiful ones -
from the door or further afield
- Galleries, theatres and shopping
- Munro climbing and walking
- Water sports - white water rafting, canoeing,
- Fishing, shooting, stalking in season
- Theatres in Perth, Stirling and Dundee
- Gardens, distilleries and castles