Clover Cottage, Brewlands Estate, Glenisla, Perthshire
Nestling in the heart of an ancient Highland estate on the edge of the Cairngorm National Park, the surrounding hills rising to 2500 feet, this 5-star rated 18th century cottage with private hot tub is in an utterly secluded position with stunning views towards the Grampians, yet it is only 90 minutes from Edinburgh and 35 minutes from fantastic cashmere, kilt and gourmet food shopping. Since half of our clients either become engaged here or come for their honeymoon, we can claim with justice that this is a very romantic place, well away from the stresses of modern life!
You can walk for miles from the doorstep, through a profusion of wildflowers (part of the glen is a wildflower reserve), or along woodland paths to the Fairy Glen, and the high tops. You can arrange to fish on the estate’s river, hire mountain bikes, or just relax in the hot tub, while our chef prepares a romantic dinner from local organic produce. We can also do your shopping or laundry, collect you from the airport, book riding or golf tee times or, in winter, measure you for skis, bring them directly to you and arrange lessons or a guide at Glenshee, 35 minutes away. Alternatively, take the breath-taking drive to Braemar (45 minutes) for dinner at the Fife Arms, or go to Ballater for lunch at Prince Charles’ new restaurant.
There are wonderful views from the bed itself up the glen to the Queen’s Estate at Balmoral. Lie there listening to your own Highland burn running through the garden, or sit watching the Highland ponies as the sun sets and the herons glide in for the night. The signs and sounds are timeless and very special – birds are plentiful and wildlife abounds – rare red squirrels and deer are frequently seen from the cottage.
This cottage is the place to find peace and tranquillity for your holiday in the Scottish Highlands. Close to the Queen’s and Queen Mother’s Balmoral and Glamis Castles and on the edge of the Cairngorm National Park, there is outstanding wildlife viewing, fishing, bird watching and other sporting activities along with whisky distillery tours, artisan food producers, castles and many other visitor attractions. Championship golf courses such as St Andrews and Gleneagles (home of the 2014 Ryder Cup) are within easy reach and there are over 30 golf courses within an hour’s drive.
There are not only numerous activities and places to see both on and off the estate (try our clay pigeon shooting, or one of our Landrover safaris, or visit a Highland Games or attend church with the Queen any Sunday during August and September. Because we try to do everything to make your holiday a happy one, we provide a full concierge service. We can also keep secrets so if you would like us to arrange some delightful surprises for your partner, just let us know!
- Sleeps – 2
- Bedrooms – 1 king size extra long
- Bathrooms – 1 power shower and underfloor heating – heated towel rail
- Ideal honeymoon cottage
- Private hot tub
- Wood burning stove
- Free Wi-Fi
- TV and DVD
- Full concierge service
- Partial or full catering to any level by our estate chef by arrangement. Also freezer cooking and picnics. Birthday cakes and wicked puddings a speciality
- Good pub 5 minutes, good restaurants in Blairgowrie (30 minutes) or Pitlochry, (35 minutes) or in Braemar (50 minutes)
- Barbeque, garden furniture
- We can arrange drop off & collection at airports, stations and walks
- Massage and beauty therapist
- Washing machine/dryer
- Electric central heating
- Electric blanket
- Cot and highchair available
- Enclosed garden with garden furniture
- Books, games including outdoor
- Spring water supply
- Two well behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry – no smoking or vaping
- Excellent local taxi
- Edinburgh Airport – 90 mins drive
- 35 minutes to Pitlochry station for the London sleeper and connections to Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Shops – good community shop 15 minutes in Kirkmichael, 25 minutes Alyth (good butcher), 30 minutes Blairgowrie – Tesco, Sainsburys and fish shop and farm shops. Pitlochry and House of Bruar gourmet and artisan food, restaurants, cashmere and tartan shopping.
- 14 miles Blairgowrie large Tesco and Sainsburys, farm shop and fishmonger
- Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Asda and Majestic Wine deliver to the cottage
- Bagpiper for special occasions
- Target shooting
- Wildlife safaris
- Pheasant, duck & partridge shooting
- Clay pigeon shooting
- Roe and red deer stalking
- Golf – 30 courses within l hour: championship course within 75 minutes
- Mountain and road bike hire. Quiet roads and good off-road trails
- Off roading and adventure centre nearby
- Pony trekking and riding nearby
- Castles and distilleries
- Ski hire and skiing at Glenshee – 35 minutes
- Walks -beautiful ones - from the door or further afield – of all levels
- Excellent hill walking – guided hill walks – 12 Munros within l hour’s drive
- The long distance Cateran Walking Trail passes through the estate.
- Wildlife safari and photography tours
- Pitlochry Theatre – 35 minutes
- Private Highland Games with a heavyweight champion
- Private whisky tastings with the CEO of a famous distillery
This gorgeous 18th century honeymoon cottage has a spacious beamed living/dining-room with cast-iron wood burning stove. There is a very well-equipped, modern farmhouse style kitchen and a bathroom with power shower, its basin carved from a granite boulder. Spiral stairs lead to the first floor and a galleried double bedroom with extra long bed and beams overlooking the sitting room. Wonderful views from the bed.
Private hot tub in the garden, again with wonderful views.
The cottage is beautifully designed and is idyllic inside and out – just perfect for a honeymoon or romantic break. Indeed many hands in marriage have been asked for here- and as far as we know everyone has accepted!
Edinburgh International Airport – 90 minutes
Glasgow International Airport – 2 hours
Dundee Airport, flights to London City, 40 minutes
Pitlochry station, for London sleeper – 35 minutes
Perth Station – 50 minutes, for Edinburgh, Glasgow and London
Excellent local taxi
Local car hire in Pitlochry
All bed linen and towels. First basket of logs, thereafter available at cost. Fluffy bathrobes are provided too.
The first £40 of any fuel of any kind is included in the rent.
Fishing on River Isla included in the rent.
To cut down on your shopping, we provide bathrobes, soap, tea towels, oven gloves, cling film, apron, foil, bin bags, loo rolls, washing up liquid and essential cleaning materials.
What's not included:
Electricity by meter reading.
Two well behaved dogs welcome
We can supply a cook, or romantic presents like champagne and chocolates on arrival, and a personal piper and much much more. Simply request these with your reservation – we will do everything possible to make your honeymoon or romantic break very special.
Cost and availability:
Clover Cottage is available for rent all year round.
Changeover is usually on Saturday, arrival 4 pm, departure 10 am.
Sorry no smoking or vaping.
To book this lovely romantic retreat in highland Perthshire, click the enquiry button below to see availability and prices.
direct to the owner
Clover Cottage, Brewlands Estate, Glenisla, Perthshire, Scotland.