Please search by house size using the categories above.
Roybridge is an ideal base for exploring the Highlands. It is a quiet backwater compared with nearby Fort William but with equal access to the great outdoors. You'll find a friendly local welcome in the two inns and plenty of places to eat within a few miles. With 6 bus services and 4 rail services per day, whether you arrive with or without a car, it's easy to get around and make the most of your visit. The West Highland Line takes you conveniently to Fort William and beyond to Mallaig, or in the opposite direction to the wilderness of Rannoch and Bridge of Orchy.
Most visitors come to walk in the hills - everything from gentle riverside walks to ice climbing. If skiing or mountain biking appeal, the cottage is just 8 miles from Nevis Range, Britain's newest ski area. Equipment for both sports can be hired at the base of the mountain. There are also many opportunites to take part in a whole range of other outdoor pursuits from golf to fishing and canoeing to horse riding.
For the historians, there are castles, ruins, remnants of early industrial heritage and museums. For geologists: Glen Roy's "parallel roads". Nearby Ben Nevis Distillery provides the necessary "wee dram" to complete your Highland holiday. This is a fabulous place for a Scottish highland holiday!
Things to look for in cottages near Roybridge
- Washing machine
- TV (Freesat) DVD and stereo
- Free WiFi
- wood burning stove or open fire
- Cot and high chair for children
- Pets welcome
- Short breaks
- Lastminute discounts
- Rented out throughout the year
- Are there fixed change-over days
- Check-in and check-out times
- Is cleaning included?
- Fort William - 12 miles
- Inverness Airport - 66 miles
- Roybridge Station
- 2 inns in Roybridge, restaurants in Spean Bridge
and Monessie - 3 miles, many restaurants in Fort William
- Golf (Torlundy) - 9 miles
- Hill walking (all directions from Roybridge) - 1 mile
- Skiing (Nevis Range) - 8 miles
- Riding (Torlundy) - 8 miles
- Mountain bike hire and trails (Nevis Range) - 8 miles
- River fishing (with permit) - 300 metres
- Sea Loch fishing (no permit required) - 13 miles
- Canoeing (River Roy) - 1 mile
- The Great Glen - 3 miles
- Ben Nevis Distillery - 10 miles
- Commando Memorial - 4 miles
- Monessie Gorge - 3 miles road or river walk
- Steam train to Mallaig from Fort William