The Stables Cottage is a delightful Melrose holiday cottage set in large private gardens in the Scottish Borders. This is a great part of Scotland for a vacation and the countryside is beautiful - excellent for walking, cycling or riding. There are lots of golf courses nearby and the famous River Tweed is just one of the superb fishing rivers in the area. Melrose is just a mile away, with great shops and restaurants and of course Melrose Abbey.
Originally the Victorian stables for a country house, Stables Cottage has been restored sympathetically and to a very high standard. It is a warm and cosy cottage with comfortable, modern facilities, including recessed lighting and a private patio. The landscaped garden is beautiful and the views to the south are very attractive - you can spend hours sitting in the garden just admiring the view!
- Sleeps 3 adults or 2 adults + 2 children
- Bedrooms - 1 king (en-suite)
- Bathroom with bath and overhead electric shower
- Double sofa bed available
(suitable for one adult or 2 children)
- Full central heating
- Washing machine and tumble dryer
- Oven, grill, hob and microwave
- Widescreen digital TV, DVD, Freeview, CD player
- Free WiFi
- Drying room
- 2 acres of private garden
- BBQ and garden furniture
- Short breaks available
- Pets welcome
- Cot and high chair on request
- Edinburgh - 36 miles
- Melrose town centre 1 mile
- 1/2 mile from Tweedbank station
and The Borders Railway to Edinburgh
- Good pub food and restaurants very close
- Close to fishing on the River Tweed
- 22 golf courses close by (nearest 400 metres)
- Borders Abbeys
- Shooting - clays and game
- Excellent walking from the doorstep and beyond
- Cycling - 7Stanes biking centres 1/2 hour drive
- Stately homes and gardens
Stables Cottage is a delightful traditional holiday cottage near Melrose, set in a pretty large garden. It is extremely well equipped and furnished. There is an open-plan modern kitchen, dining area with seating for 4, which opens onto the very comfortable sittingroom with an oak floor. The sitting-room has comfortable sofas and a large wide-screen TV with DVD. It is double glazed so is a very cosy holiday cottage in the winter.
The cottage has a good master-bedroom with king-sized bed and built-in cupboard and full en-suite facilities. The modern en-suite bathroom has a bath with an electric overhead shower. A separate additional toilet and washroom is also available off the sitting-room.
The cottage is south facing so the garden is a real sun trap and there is garden furniture and a BBQ.
Full directions are given on booking.
All bed linen, duvets, towels, dish-towels, central heating, hot water and electricity are included in the price.
Cost and availability:
Stables Cottage is rented out year round.
Short breaks are welcome.
To book this cosy Melrose self-catering cottage, click the enquiry button below and view rental prices and availability.
direct to the owner
The Stables Cottage, Melrose, Roxburghshire, Scottish Borders