Take a look at these holiday homes in Argyll
Strone, Near Dunoon
There are numerous spectacular walks around Duror including an extensive network of forestry trails through the Glen. Some of these afford magnificent mountain and coastal views. For the more adventurous there is the Ballachulish horseshoe, a famous mountain walk (incorporating 3 summits). Of course there is also nearby Glencoe which offers some of the most dramatic climbing, walking and skiing in Scotland.
If you like a murder mystery, Duror is alleged to have been the scene of the infamous Appin Murder. This legendary eighteenth century miscarriage of justice is said to have inspired parts of Robert Louis Stevenson’s classic adventure "Kidnapped".
The area is also of great geological interest where past volcanic eruptions and ice ages shaped the spectacular landforms familiar today. Stunning Loch Etive in the picture above is not far away!
- Oban 30 miles, Fort William 18 miles (all facilities)
- Glasgow Airport - 91 miles
- Railway stations - Oban 30 miles, Fort William 18 miles and Bridge of Orchy 32 miles
- Holly Tree Bar and Restaurant - 2 miles
- Ballachulish Hotel - hotel, restaurant and bar, 4 miles
- Ballachulish Village, pubs and Co-op - 4 miles
- Dragon's Tooth Golf Course - 3.5 miles
- Walking, hillwalking
- Cycling, mountain biking
- Ice Factor climbing walls - Kinlochleven 14 miles
- Nevis Range, skiing, gondola and restaurant, down hill mountain biking - 24 miles
- Glencoe Ski Range - 10 miles
- Horse riding - Shuna, 4 miles
- Sealife Centre - Barcaldine, 14 miles