Glenrossal Estate, Lairg
Situated by Rosehall in tranquil Glencassley, Birch Cottage overlooks the river and is an idyllic setting for the sporting fisherman, wildlife enthusiasts, hill walkers, cyclists and visitors who wish to explore the Highlands and all that the area has to offer.
The local area is renowned for its salmon fishing with rivers Cassley and Oykel very close by and the Shin and Carron are just a short drive away. There are also several lochs in the area which provide enjoyable wild brown trout fishing. The cottage is at the riverside and for those who enjoy fishing the estate has its own 2 ½ mile beat of double bank salmon fishing on the River Cassley. Fishing, when available, can be arranged on a weekly basis.
The scenic beauty will inspire any artist or photographer and there are many interesting walks nearby to suit all levels of fitness and ability. Wildlife sightings are regularly made of red deer, sika deer, ospreys, peregrine falcons, buzzards, golden eagle and even the more elusive cuckoo.
Birch Cottage is well positioned for exploring both the east and west coasts. The east coast has several small towns with beautiful beaches, plenty of restaurants and some excellent golf courses. The west coast has more dramatic scenery and several mountains for the hill walking enthusiast, the town of Ullapool is also a very popular attraction.
Golfers are in for a treat with the championship course Royal Dornoch, regarded as one of the best links courses in the world, only 25 miles away. Golspie, Tain and Brora offer 18 hole courses in traditional Scottish links style. The nearest course to Birch Cottage is Bonar Bridge which is a charming and challenging inland 9 hole course. A little further afield are two more excellent links courses: Castle Stuart near Inverness has hosted the Scottish Open and Nairn Golf Club has had the Walker Cup.
With the Achness Hotel less than one mile away, a short walk, it is very convenient for those who would like to dine out without having to drive too far. This is a gorgeous place just to relax and soak up the stunning scenery too!
- Sleeps - 4
- Bedrooms – 2 (1 double, 1 twin)
- Bathrooms - 1 bathroom with shower, 1 WC
- Shared laundry room with two washing machines, dryer and chest freezer
- TV DVD player (for DVD's only)
- CD player and radio
- Inside pay phone
- WiFi is available at the local hotel, 1 mile
- Wood burning stove
- Cot and high chair available
- Garden overlooking the river with gas BBQ and garden furniture
- Pets welcome
- Weekly lets
- Semi-detached with
- Rosehall village 1 mile, Lairg 9 miles, Bonar Bridge 11 miles
- Inverness Airport 68 miles
- The Achness Hotel, bar meals/restaurant 1 mile
- Bonar Bridge Golf Course (9 holes)- 11 miles, Royal Dornoch Golf Course - 25 miles, Tain Golf Course - 28 miles, Brora Golf Course - 33 miles
- Golspie Golf Course and award winning beaches - 27 miles
- Salmon Fishing
- Cassley Falls - 1/2 mile
- Rosehall Trails - 1 mile
- Lairg Visitor and Tourist Information Centre - 9 miles
- Dunrobin Castle, Golspie
- Dornoch - historic town, gift shops, beach, walks
- Tain – supermarkets, restaurants
Birch Cottage, Glenrossal Estate, Rosehall, Sutherland, IV27 4BG Scotland