Top Five Things To Do.
1) Walking : The House is surrounded by the Tay Forest Park part of Perthshire's Big Tree Country featuring seven woodland walks that give you spectacular views of the mountains and lochs, discover legends about saints and queens, demons and dragons and amazing wildlife. We sit in the middle of the famous Queens View, one of the most photographed and historic views in Scotland and the gateway to the Tay Forest Park.
2) Pitlochry Festival Theatre: This unique 'Theatre in the Hills ' has a full programme of plays claiming if you stay 6 days you can see 6 plays plus other activities musical and artistic. There is also a restaurant that overlooks the River Tummel and serves pre theatre suppers. Always a wonderful evening out.
3) Blair Castle and Gardens and Atholl Estates Ancient seat of the Dukes and Earls of Atholl and Scotland's most visited private Historic House. Experience 700 years of history in 30 rooms, explore the 9 acre walled garden , a woodland grove , St Bride's Kirk, Deer Park, Adventure playground and hear the Castle Piper play. The surrounding Estate offers Land Rover Tours of the hidden glens and tours of the organic Home Farm.
4) Sports Golf at Pitlochry Golf Course, Strathtay Golf Club, Blair Atholl Golf Club. Water sports. White water rafting, canyoning, river bugging and bungee jumping and the house is on the Lochside so swimming ! Cycle routes. There are 3 National Cycle Networks that run through Pertshire Routes 77, 7 and 1.
5) Discovering Distilleries Edradour Distillery, Pitlochry a distillery with the smallest stills in Scotland, steeped in history and quietly producing world class whiskey.
Blair Athol Distillery, Pitlochry