Owners top 5 things to do when staying at Tackroom cottage, Newton Stewart
1. Climb Cairnsmore, the most southerly Graham in Scotland, from the back door....or as one of our guests described it...the hill in the back garden!...and view 'the 5 Kingdoms' from the summit.
2. Visit Loch Trool - site of Robert the Bruce's 1st victory over Edward's army, offering picture postcard views, a lovely circular walk or a starting point for Merrick, the highest hill in Southern Scotland, and a Corbett for the hill-baggers amongst you
3. 'Walk or cycle along Bargaly Glen to the Duke's Pool....if you're lucky you'll have the sole use of this natural Pool with built-in 'jacuzzi', a great place for a picnic and swim.
4. Join in the well-renowned Wigtown Book Festival, now in its 18th year and home to the largest literary festival in Scotland outside of Edinburgh - including audiences and debates with writers, artists, politicians and personalities - a great atmosphere by day and night (22 Sept - 1 Oct)
5. Drive to the Raiders Road...a lovely scenic route along the Queens Way, and then cycle or walk to the Otters Pool enjoying lovely views, atmospheric surroundings and the otter sculptures