Meikle Kenny Farmhouse
Meikle Kenny Farmhouse is ideally situated close to the beautiful
Angus glens with their stunning scenery. Angus is an ideal destination
for those who love outdoor pursuits - from golf to walking in
beautiful hills and glens, even surfing and everything in between!
Visitors can enjoy fishing in hill lochs, glen rivers and stocked
lochs by arrangement and also within easy reach are the classic salmon
fishing beats on the Tay. Shooting can be arranged on neighbouring
estates. The rolling countryside provide the perfect environment for
cycling, riding, hillwalking, rock climbing and abseiling too.
Angus is rich in historical interest with pretty villages and towns to explore. JM Barrie, the creator of Peter Pan, was born in Kirriemuir and you can visit the cottage where he grew up and enjoy the exhibition celebrating his life and works. Nearby is stunning Glamis Castle, home of the late Queen Mother's family, the Bowes Lyons. As well of tours of the castle and gardens there is also a full programme of events throughout the year.
Within one hour's drive of Meikle Kenny Farmhouse further attractions include Pitlochry Festival Theatre, St Andrews and Carnoustie golf towns, the Fair City of Perth and fabulous Royal Deeside. Alternatively, head to the coast to enjoy unspoilt beaches and the Montrose Basin Local Nature Reserve with its first class facilities and year round interest.
This is a fabulous house to rent to celebrate a special occasion with friends or family - a cook can be arranged too so everyone can relax!
- Sleeps - 16
- Bedrooms - 8 (6 twins, 2 doubles)
- Bathrooms - 4 ensuites, 2 shower/bathrooms, 1 shower room
- 2 dishwashers
- Washing machine, tumble drier
- 3 log fires
- Central heating
- High chair and cot available
- Ground floor ensuite bedroom with own external access (steps into main house)
- Terraced garden
- Cook available by arrangement
- No pets
- Short breaks - min 3 nights
- Kirriemuir - 10 miles
- Airports - Dundee 30 miles, Aberdeen 80 miles, Edinburgh 80 miles
- Stations - Perth 30 miles, Dundee 30 miles, Arbroath 30 miles
- Pubs and restaurants - several within 10 miles
- Golf courses: Alyth 10 miles; Kirriemuir 10 miles; Carnoustie 30 miles; St Andrews 35 miles; Braemar 35 miles
- Glamis Castle - 12 miles
- Barrie's Birthplace - 10 miles
- Fishing and Shooting
- Angus Glens - 5 to 25 miles
- Lunan Bay
- Montrose Basin Local Nature Reserve
Meikle Kenny Farmhouse, Kirriemuir, Angus, Scotland