Kilrie Granary is in a perfect location for accessing central Scotland and Edinburgh, which is only a 35 minute train ride away. The cottage is just a mile from the East Fife Coastal Path and close to many historical attractions and some of the best golf courses in the world.
Kirkcaldy is one of the largest towns in the Kingdom of Fife. It lies on a shallow bay on the northern shore of the Firth of Forth and is the largest settlement between the cities of Dundee and Edinburgh. Kilrie Granary Cottage is located 2 miles west of Kirkcaldy in a beautiful rural location surrounded by farmland. This is a quiet and peaceful place to stay. There is a conservation heathland forest, a waterfall which used to power the old watermill and a doocot.
There are endless activities and places of interest in this corner of Fife including golf courses, beaches, historic monuments, art galleries, castles and gardens all within easy reach. There is a regular train service 2 miles away and thus it is very easy to get in and out of Edinburgh (35 minutes). This makes the Granary a serious option for accommodation for the Edinburgh Festival.
The Fife Coastal Path which is a mile away from the cottage runs from the Forth Estuary in the south, to the Tay Estuary in the north and stretches for 150 kms. The path is clearly waymarked and offers a range of walking experiences. Whether done in bite sized chunks or as a long distance route there is definitely something for everyone. From the cosmopolitan atmosphere of St Andrews to the former coal mining towns of central Fife; from the small fishing villages of the East Neuk to the bustling industrial areas of the west, rugged cliffs, award winning beaches, internationally important estuaries and wildlife reserves, walking or driving the Fife Coastal Path is an experience not to be missed!
- Sleeps - 6
- Bedrooms - 2 (1 twin, 1 family - both ensuite)
- Bathrooms - 2 bathrooms, 1 WC
- Washing machine
- Free WiFi
- Electric fire
- High chair and cot available
- Door opening onto the terrace
- Rolling lawn and pretty garden
- Garden furniture and barbeque
- Plenty of parking
- No pets
- Short breaks
- Kirkcaldy - 1.8 miles
- Edinburgh Airport - 20 miles
- Kirkcaldy Station - 1.8 miles
- Many pubs and restaurants in Kirkcaldy, Kinghorn, Burntisland, Aberdour, all under 5 miles
- St Andrews and its golf courses are a 40 minute drive and there are many other courses nearer
- There are several beautiful beaches the closest being Aberdour and Kinghorn
- Kirkcaldy Theatre, Museum and Art Gallery
- Fife Coastal Path
- Castles and Gardens
- Edinburgh - 35 minutes by train
Granary Cottage, Kilrie, Kirkcaldy, Fife KY2 5UW Scotland