This property is no longer available in this portfolio - this entry is due to expire please try:
The town of Oban is known as the 'Gateway to the Isles' with regular ferries to the beautiful inner Hebridean islands of Mull, Iona, Coll, Islay, Colonsay and Tiree.
Oban itself has much to offer including a whisky distillery, 18 hole golf course, whale, dolphin and seal watching trips, a sports centre (only five minutes walk from Avalon), diving and sea kayak centres. As the 'Seafood Capital of Scotland', Oban has an excellent range of restaurants many of which serve freshly caught fish. There are many beautiful local walks within the town taking in the surrounding countryside, waterfront and town highlights such as McCaig's Tower and Pulpit Hill. Many visitors particularly appreciate the local award-winning beach at Ganavan Sands.
Argyll has a vast number of wonderful sights including the Crinan Canal, the historic Kilmartin Glen and museum, the Bridge over the Atlantic and the nearby isles of Kerrera, Luing, Seil and Easdale (home of the world stone skimming championships!). Other attractions within a short distance of Oban include the Scottish Sea Life Sanctuary, Cruachan Power Station and Visitor Centre and numerous forest walks and cycle routes. For the more adventurous the famous Glen Coe and its many Munroes are not too far away.
- Sleeps - 10
- Bedrooms - 5 (large kingsize, double ensuite, twin ensuite, bunk room and ground floor twin bedroom)
- Bathrooms - 1 main bathroom, 2 ensuite shower rooms, one ground floor WC and 1 separate shower (in utility room)
- Free WiFi
- Washing machine and tumble dryer
- Widescreen TV with Satellite Freeview, DVD and video, portable radio HiFi CD player
- Living flame gas fires in both sitting and dining rooms
- Games room with 9ft pool table, table football, TV video, Playstation 2, HiFi and comfortable sofas
- 2 cots and 2 high chairs available
- Mature gardens with decked seating area and drying green
- Garden furniture for 10 people
- Parking for 3-4 cars and a car port
- Visit Scotland 4 Star rated
- Pets welcome - max 2
- Short breaks
- Oban - 1/2 mile
- Airports - Glasgow 89 miles, Edinburgh 116 miles
- Oban station - 1 mile
- Pubs and restaurants - many within Oban.
- Glencruitten golf course 2 miles (plus others within 20 mile radius)
- Sea Kayak Oban - 1 mile
- Atlantis Leisure Centre - 1/4 mile
- Puffin Dive - 3 miles
- Ice Factor, Kinlochleven - 40 miles
- Glen Coe - 34 miles
- Nevis Range (skiing) - 50 miles
- Renowned Argyll gardens
- Beinn Cruachan - 20 miles
- Seafari adventures and Sealife adventures, Seil Island - 15 miles
- Forestry Commission Trails - within 5 miles
- Sea plane excursions
- Ferry to Mull and other isles
Avalon is a traditional 19th century stone detached villa with high ceilings, spacious rooms and many original features. Entering the property from the back door, there is the gas-boiler/boot room and a utility room which has a built-in shower and separate washer and dryer machines. Following on there is the large kitchen with gas hob, electric double oven, dish washer and built-in fridge and freezer. Via a small lobby, leading from the kitchen there is a cloakroom with WC and small basin, plus a twin bedroom.
The main hall has a sweeping staircase leading to the first floor and doors to the sitting room and dining room. The spacious sitting room has comfortable seating for up to 10 people, a living flame gas fire, ornate fireplace, a selection of books and Satellite Freeview TV with DVD and video recorder. The dining room has an oak dining suite large enough for ten hungry holiday makers and also a living-flame gas fire and a cupboard containing games and jigsaws.
Upstairs is the master bedroom with king size bed, large fitted cupboards, seating and Freeview TV. The bunkroom has two full sized bunk beds. Next to it is the twin bedroom with ensuite facilities (shower, basin and WC). Also upstairs is the double ensuite bedroom with built-in cupboards and ensuite with shower, basin and WC. Finally the family bathroom has a separate bath and large shower cubicle, WC and basin. Three of the upstairs bedrooms have views towards Oban Bay.
Outside is parking for 3-4 cars and a car port, mature gardens with decked seating area, drying green and the games room. The games room is accessed via a metal stairway and has an outside deck area, 9ft pool table, table football, TV video, Playstation 2, HiFi and comfortable sofas.
When entering Oban on the A85, head for the Atlantis Leisure Centre on Longsdale Road. Stay on Longsdale Road with the leisure centre on your right until you reach Longsdale Crescent on your left (with a telephone box on the corner). Stop here and turn back on yourself i.e. back along Longsdale Road but then immediately take the left hand road up (next to Latheron B&B) and then again the next left up a steep shared drive (to the left of the large Avalon house sign).
Avalon is the house on the right when you reach the top of the drive.
Electricity, gas, hot water, bed linen & towels and central heating are all included in the rental price.
Cost and availability:
Avalon is rented out throughout the year. Short breaks are available throughout the year - 3 night minimum.
Change over day is Saturday with check out by 11am and check in 4pm.
To book this large Scottish self-catering house in Oban, click the enquiry button
below and see availability and rental prices.
Avalon, Longsdale Road, Oban, Argyll PA34 5JU Scotland